The Marysville Public Library provides quality information resources and services to educate, entertain, enrich and strengthen our diverse community.
The Marysville Public Library had its beginning in 1867, when a group of enterprising businessmen formed the Marysville Literary and Library Association. The library continued to serve the community until 1895 when they closed the library doors due to lack of funding. In 1897 the Women’s Parliament began the work of reorganizing the Marysville Literary and Library Association. The library collection was housed in two rooms in City Hall until the administration of the Library was passed to the Marysville School District and the Carnegie Library Building was built in 1910. The Carnegie Library Building was the home of the Marysville Main Public Library on South Court Street until 1988, when the Main Library moved into the present location.
Meanwhile, in the village of Raymond in 1923, the Raymond Public Library was started by the Country Culture Club. The Raymond School and Raymond Public Library were annexed by the Marysville School District in 1964, and the Raymond Public Library became the Raymond Branch of the Marysville Public Library.
To learn more or view the library’s strategic plan visit us online: http://www.marysvillelib.org