Founded in 1935 in the township house on West Main Street, the Alexandria Public Library is THE gathering place of this Licking County village, population 500. Now over 7,000 sq. ft. with nearly 57,000 items and over 5,000 patrons, the Alexandria Public Library is administered by a seven-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Northridge Board of Education. Deirdre Schedwin has been President of the Board since 1987. Other current Trustees are Nancy Baker, Vice President; Kevin Berry, Secretary; Priscilla Horn, Clerk/Treasurer (since 1967); Pamala BeVier; Max Kackstetter; and Mark Raymond.
The library is staffed with a full-time director; part-time children’s coordinator, young adult coordinator, adult services coordinator, cataloger, clerks and pages. Programming includes an adult book club, monthly adult presentations, bi-monthly young-adult activities, weekly toddler’s story times, children’s book clubs, and summer reading programs for library lovers of all ages.
For more information about the Alexandria Public Library, please visit their website at www.alexandria.lib.oh.us