A library interested in joining the CLC should starting by sending a messsage to the CLC Executive Director.
All requests by libraries to join the CLC are subject to approval by the CLC Governing Council. There is no set formula for approval but some of the criteria the Board considers are:
- Whether or not the library has a strategic plan.
- Whether or not the library has an up to date technology plan and how frequently it is updated.
- The extent to which the library adheres to the majority of the Ohio Library Council’s most current Standards for Public Library Service in Ohio.
- The extent to which the library has a generally clean audit history for five or more years.
- The library’s willingness to work in a cooperative environment, to adhere to policy decisions, and to participate in management by consensus.